Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos have disappeared, grateful for any help!

Hi, thanks for reading, I'm really hoping someone might be able to help! I went on holiday and took all the photos on my iPhone 6. Didn't have access to wifi abroad so no back up was done. On returning home my battery had died, and then the phone wouldn't turn back on. Visited Apple Store and they replaced the handset, and confirmed last back up was done before the holiday :-( however when I got home, and although the new phone wasnt set up properly, the holiday pictures were there! I didn't even think to do a back up then, I just thought, great I haven't lost them! However when setting the phone up properly they've disappeared! I've tried resetting the phone, setting it up as a new phone, and then logging into iCloud, but that hasn't worked. I would be so grateful if anyone could suggest anything, I feel like I've been teased! Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:05 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Mrsburns33

Mrsburns33 wrote:

Hi, thanks for reading, I'm really hoping someone might be able to help! I went on holiday and took all the photos on my iPhone 6. Didn't have access to wifi abroad so no back up was done. On returning home my battery had died, and then the phone wouldn't turn back on. Visited Apple Store and they replaced the handset, and confirmed last back up was done before the holiday :-( however when I got home, and although the new phone wasnt set up properly, the holiday pictures were there! I didn't even think to do a back up then, I just thought, great I haven't lost them! However when setting the phone up properly they've disappeared! I've tried resetting the phone, setting it up as a new phone, and then logging into iCloud, but that hasn't worked. I would be so grateful if anyone could suggest anything, I feel like I've been teased! Thanks

Ok, let me see if I understand. You took pictures. They were never back up (confirmed by Apple). Your phone was replaced. What I don't understand is "however when I got home, and although the phone wasnt set up properly, the holiday pictures were there". Were where? If you hadn't logged into to your Apple ID on the phone, or restored it from a back up that contained the pictures, they couldn't be on the phone. If you didn't ever have access to WiFi or cellular data, I'm not sure how the photos could have ended up stored anywhere.

See if this article sheds any light:

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

If the photos were never back up, they are gone.

My photos have disappeared, grateful for any help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.