Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot save my preferred WIFI provider in my preferences

Mac Book Air version 2015 OS X Yosemite10.10.5

Each time I want to navigate on internet (e.g.: using Safari) I need to reset my preferred WIFI provider from the list .

How can I save for good in the Preferences menu

Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 2:36 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 10:23 AM in response to rmartore

Hi, try this...

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.5, 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8…

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x/10.8.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

If using Wifi/Airport...

Instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

For 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8, System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

(There may be better or faster DNS numbers in your area, but these should be a good test).

Click OK.

Does it save in the new Location?

I cannot save my preferred WIFI provider in my preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.