Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop not working.

I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4.1.(12H321) and a Mac Pro with Yosemite 10.10.5. No way to see one each other. Neither via AirDrop nor via Bluetooth. The AirDrop Finder Panel is empty despite any action on activating AirDrop (Everyone, Contacts only). When I try to pair via Bluetooth, it seems working for a few second, but then it goes disconnected and no way to repair it.

Bluetooth is perfectly working for both with (mouse) and printer.

MacPro Bluetooth is by far working better with a Nokia Windows phone with which, once easily paired, I can exchange any kind of files.

Incredibly I can't do it with iPhone! This is extremely irritating! What can I do? (Please avoid trivial suggestions like activate Bluetooth or AirDrop in the Finder or set to Everyone the permissions. I've already tried everything a normal good sense suggests).

Many thanks in advance.

Diego

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:50 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 3:04 AM in response to dondiego290260

To AirDrop between an iOS device and a Mac the your phone meets the requirement but you did not give enough info about your Mac. The Mac has to be:

Your Mac needs to be a 2012 or later model with OS X Yosemite installed*

Use AirDrop to send files from your Mac to another nearby Mac or iOS device - Apple Support

iOS devices do not have the file sharing profile required for BT file transfer.

You can try finding an iPhne ap i the APp Store that will allows such transfer.

AirDrop not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.