Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost my email password and apple id password

I have bought a new iPhone6, which the reseller used an email as apple id to run it, then he "turned on" the find my iPhone on it, now I can not turn it off! I called him and he said that he forgot the email password, in other hand I have bought the iPhone in Iran which there is no official apple service there, so how I can turn of the iCloud, find my iPhone? I can not use most of services of my iPhone :-( , help me please.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:16 AM

8 replies

Aug 30, 2015 3:52 PM in response to gregory202

lol, here is Iran! How to go to police, they won't help you ... But anyhow I think this is Apple service problem, you imagine what will happen if I give Apple the email from a domain of mine that I have registered it by myself, then I do not take the domain for the following year! The email will be lost and Apple do not and maybe can not help you with this problem! This is strange.

Aug 30, 2015 3:58 PM in response to iSaeedfromstockholm

You can think all you want, this is not an Apple problem. You purchased a second hand device from an individual, not from Apple. Apple has had nothing to do with your transaction. If the seller cannot remember their Apple ID password, they need to go to https://appleid.apple.com. Once they recover their password, they can remove the device from their iCloud account. If the seller will not do that, then the device is useless to you. There is nothing that anyone here can do, nor will Apple get involved.

Aug 30, 2015 4:29 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Please read what I have written carefully , after this happened to me I thought about that condition, you know that you can have a domain name for yourself? If you have such an email which you reserved on your own domain and after one year it expiered than what you can do? Because Apple will assign that email to your ID you have to lose your services?! so forget what's my problem, let me know what you can do and who is that fault?! Secondly, why I have to go shoping from a reseller who is not official?! Is that my fault that Apple does not have any official reseller in Iran?! My gosh! Why they sell their product in Iran if they have sanction imposed on Iran ?! Do you know that any product of Apple have one year guaranty whole over the world? You think when I pay 800 USD for an iPhone ( just by cash!), and you pay only 600 USD( by installment, then Apple does not have any responsibility about my payment, or maybe you think the reseller here have stolen this devices!!! Please be logic just a little more.

Aug 30, 2015 4:44 PM in response to iSaeedfromstockholm

iSaeedfromstockholm wrote:

Please read what I have written carefully , after this happened to me I thought about that condition, you know that you can have a domain name for yourself? If you have such an email which you reserved on your own domain and after one year it expiered than what you can do? Because Apple will assign that email to your ID you have to lose your services?! so forget what's my problem, let me know what you can do and who is that fault?! Secondly, why I have to go shoping from a reseller who is not official?! Is that my fault that Apple does not have any official reseller in Iran?! My gosh! Why they sell their product in Iran if they have sanction imposed on Iran ?! Do you know that any product of Apple have one year guaranty whole over the world? You think when I pay 800 USD for an iPhone ( just by cash!), and you pay only 600 USD( by installment, then Apple does not have any responsibility about my payment, or maybe you think the reseller here have stolen this devices!!! Please be logic just a little more.

I have read what you wrote. Obviously you did not read mine. It doesn't matter what you believe, what I have told you is the way it is. The device is Activation Locked. Because Apple does not do business in Iran, then you had a gray market device. Do you know that the one year warranty on the iPhone is not international? Did you also know the warranty as nothing to do with Activation Lock? A warranty has to do with manufacturing defects, not user problems.

Here is the logic. The device is locked and only the previous owner can unlock it. If that cannot be done, the device is useless to you, no matter how much you paid for it. Your issue is with the reseller, not with Apple.

Aug 30, 2015 11:56 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

" you can awake the one who is slept but you could not awake the one who pretended to be slept! "

You don't want to reply to what I am asking you, just you like to repeat your story, so if you mind about that you may answer the first part of my writing? The other was some clarification regarding Iran market, despite that you had not a clear answer for that part too... Never mind you are right that is my problem and all others who buy Apple devices in Iran...

Aug 31, 2015 4:34 AM in response to iSaeedfromstockholm

" you can awake the one who is slept but you could not awake the one who pretended to be slept! "

You don't want to reply to what I am asking you, just you like to repeat your story, so if you mind about that you may answer the first part of my writing? The other was some clarification regarding Iran market, despite that you had not a clear answer for that part too... Never mind you are right that is my problem and all others who buy Apple devices in Iran...

All others who buy activation locked by other people apple devices all over the world have that problem, but here is what you asked.

If you purchased apple device and created domain and next year do not have it anymore, you can reset password using security questions and sign out, cause while actual email does not exist - apple account with user name that contains domain is there. Lets say you do not know your security questions - you can call apple and if they have enough info about your account on their side, they can help you to reset password. But all that works if it is "YOUR" account and you explained in original post that is not YOUR, but sellers account. Activation lock being a theft deterrent, why would anyone think that Apple would help you to unlock possibly lost or stolen device. The fact that you PAID for it just means that someone took advantage of you. The opinion that everyone in Iran has to buy stolen devices is of different nature and your logic has as much true as for me sunnis and shiites are the same people and I doubt you subscribe to the my logic.

Aug 31, 2015 7:10 AM in response to iSaeedfromstockholm

All right, let me try this again.

I have bought a new iPhone6, which the reseller used an email as apple id to run it, then he "turned on" the find my iPhone on it, now I can not turn it off!

That is correct, that would be Activation Lock. Only the person that activated the device can turn that off.

I called him and he said that he forgot the email password

He will have to recover the password himself. Only he can do that.

in other hand I have bought the iPhone in Iran which there is no official apple service there, so how I can turn of the iCloud, find my iPhone?

You cannot. Only the person that set that up can turn it off, and Apple will not assist. The fact you have no Apple support there is not anything anyone here on the forum can do anything about. We are users just like yourself here to answer technical support questions. The only person that you can deal with and the only one that can assist you in unlocking the device is the person that sold you the phone.

I replied to your questions and provided you the answers to them, you just don't like the answer. This is one of the things that happens when a person purchases a gray market device that is not intended to be sold where it was purchased. The fact that the Iran market is sanctioned is a governmental issue. Apple is not selling their product there, these are unauthorized resellers that are purchasing gray market phones and taking advantage of people like you. Apple can do nothing about that, and neither can anyone here. The fact that cellular providers in the US have plans to allow users to purchase phones and pay monthly payments and you cannot has nothing to do with Apple or with the problem you are facing here. You are a victim of supply and demand. You and others demand the product when there is no official supply of it in your country. Suppliers then take advantage of that, and you are a victim. Unfortunately, nothing can be done about it. The situation you have gotten yourself into is very common, both the purchase and the activation lock. Live and learn.

lost my email password and apple id password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.