Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to delete 6,000 photos from my iPhone 5, running iOS 8. Help!

I need to delete thousands of pictures from my phone. I synced to Photos, having checked 'delete after import', but it didn't work. Now I'm stuck with all these pictures on my phone.

How can I delete them all at once, other than deleting every moment in the collection one by one?

Also, I know about the "recently deleted" album. I delete it frequently. My challenge now, is to get all my photos moved into that recently deleted album so I can click them away forever.

Thanks for any help!

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:34 AM

I found the answer! Use Image Capture, if you're on a Mac.

Connect the phone, open Image Capture. Then you'll see all the pics on the phone, like it's a camera. You can select all (command + a) and then choose the delete symbol at the bottom of the window. It just worked for me after asking and looking for two days on how to do this.

And here's the article that pointed me towards it: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/02/28/how-to-delete-photos-from-your-iphone/

Hope this helps someone else! I feel way better now with 7,000 less pictures on my phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Trevor Deck

I found the answer! Use Image Capture, if you're on a Mac.

Connect the phone, open Image Capture. Then you'll see all the pics on the phone, like it's a camera. You can select all (command + a) and then choose the delete symbol at the bottom of the window. It just worked for me after asking and looking for two days on how to do this.

And here's the article that pointed me towards it: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/02/28/how-to-delete-photos-from-your-iphone/

Hope this helps someone else! I feel way better now with 7,000 less pictures on my phone.

I need to delete 6,000 photos from my iPhone 5, running iOS 8. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.