Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing Album

An album I purchased has disappeared from my iTunes library! I have a late 2009 iMac bought early 2010, running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5. The files are still on the computer, as shown in the Finder. How can I get the album back? Looking for suggestions/help!

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 6:42 AM

Good day Foodle99,

It sounds to me as if the iTunes application has lost track of an album in your library. Fortunately, as you mention, the actual music files are still available on your iMac's hard drive.

The easiest way to deal with this issue would be to reimport this album into iTunes. Use the steps in this article - Import music and video from a computer into iTunes

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 6:42 AM in response to Foodle99

Good day Foodle99,

It sounds to me as if the iTunes application has lost track of an album in your library. Fortunately, as you mention, the actual music files are still available on your iMac's hard drive.

The easiest way to deal with this issue would be to reimport this album into iTunes. Use the steps in this article - Import music and video from a computer into iTunes

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Aug 31, 2015 3:56 AM in response to Brett L

Brett, thanks for the response to the problem of an album disappearing from my iMac. I really appreciate your taking the trouble.

Unfortunately, both the drag-and-drop and File > Add to library methods did not work. That is, the songs still didn't show up in the iTunes library, although the files are present in their folder and if I click on them they play via iTunes. I purchased the album on July 6, 2015.

On the other hand, the album has not disappeared from a Windows PC which is one of my 5 allowed iCloud devices. Since this computer is on my home network, I used File > Add to library to find the folder on it and bring it in to the Mac. This worked -- my album is back in My Music on the Mac, and it plays. Only, all the files have been duplicated in the folder, with an extra "1" after the file name. Also, the track info says "duplicate" and there is a bar through the iCloud icon.

Maybe it's a copyright problem connected with Apple Music. I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue!

Disappearing Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.