Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i import garage band files to i movie

i tried to import a garage band song to iMovie as sound track but it won't work

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 1:37 AM

Which GarageBand version are you using?

iMovie needs an audio file to use as a sound track. It cannot render the GarageBAnd project directly. Either share your GarageBand project to iTunes and use the song from iTunes with iMove or ensure, that your GarageBand project has been saved with an iLife Preview, so it is visible in the Media Browser. It will depend on your GarageBand version how to do that.

• In GarageBand '11 use the Preference "GarageBand > Preferences > General > Render an Audio Preview when saving".
  • In GarageBand 10.0 use the Share menu: Share > Share Song to Media Browser.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 1:37 AM in response to qwerric

Which GarageBand version are you using?

iMovie needs an audio file to use as a sound track. It cannot render the GarageBAnd project directly. Either share your GarageBand project to iTunes and use the song from iTunes with iMove or ensure, that your GarageBand project has been saved with an iLife Preview, so it is visible in the Media Browser. It will depend on your GarageBand version how to do that.

• In GarageBand '11 use the Preference "GarageBand > Preferences > General > Render an Audio Preview when saving".
  • In GarageBand 10.0 use the Share menu: Share > Share Song to Media Browser.

why can't i import garage band files to i movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.