Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roland PC 300 not recognised by garageband. Installed drivers successfully, using USB cable. Have a new iMac.

Roland MIDI not recognised by GB

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 2:27 AM

3 replies

Aug 30, 2015 4:15 AM in response to naomi89w

From another user in another thread :

- download and install XCode (https://developer.apple.com/xcode/)

- download the zip folder containing GenericUSBMIDI

- open GenericUSBMIDI.xcodeproj in XCode

- push the "Play" button in XCode to compile the code

- copy the resulting GenericUSBMIDI.plugin file to /Library/Audio/MIDI\ Drivers/

- reboot

This worked for me on Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite. Make sure you put the GenericUSBMIDI.plugin file into the Library>Audio>MIDI Drivers folder for the system and not the user. It will not work otherwise. You may also need to trash the RDUSB0008Midi plug-in too.

Sep 2, 2015 9:30 AM in response to strat71

For some reason this hasn't worked for me...i haven't quite managed to download this. Is there a way of searching for my MIDI? I have noticed a window to add it almost manually but i would have no clue. Is there a possibility there is an issue with how old the MIDI keyboard is in comparison to garageband? It works perfectly with my 08 macbook.

Thanks

Roland PC 300 not recognised by garageband. Installed drivers successfully, using USB cable. Have a new iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.