Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 is crashing my wifi

hi,

I'm using iphone 4s

After a year of use since iOS 8, i've been facing too much wifi crash. First i thought it was adsl problem but then i noticed that happens only in certain cases and always with iProducts in use, not the case for ios 7 and older

My wifi crash, disconnect for some seconds about 30, and is inaccessible From any devices for that period.

Crash happen when i'm little bit far from my wifi, when strenght bar are 2/3 or 1/3 And when navigating throw heavy content Like watching youtube video, facetime sess. And when i went throught wifi config , i find my network ssid but when i try to connect it asks for password, so i wait because putting the password will do nothing , and after that 30 seconds, it reconnects and can re crash instantly if i resume my activity in the same conditions.

Note that i'm using youtube on my samsung TV and its far from my wifi, and instead of crashing, video loads slowly.

Same case for android device, i put a test , opening same video from same place far from the router, android slowly load and iOS crash the wifi.

SO, i'm currently running iOS 9 beta 5, i saw that apple has fixed SOME wifi problems but not this one, because i have iphone 5s, ipad running last to date 8.4.1 and it happens every time.

Hope apple will be informed and i hope they will fix this. It's annoying because every one is connected and watching video can crash the entire network is not cool :-D

IF anyone have some tips or tricks to fix it's welcome.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 1:53 AM

7 replies

Aug 29, 2015 6:19 AM in response to wiild_chiild

wiild_chiild wrote:

Hope apple will be informed and i hope they will fix this. It's annoying because every one is connected and watching video can crash the entire network is not cool

Apple is not reading here. Even if they were, it's outside of their purview to fix your WiFi network.

The first step I would take would be to make sure that the router firmware is up-to-date.

Aug 29, 2015 8:05 AM in response to wiild_chiild

wiild_chiild wrote:

but before posting here asking for help i've seen many , many users facing same problem,

Oddly, despite reading here almost every day, I've seen very few posts about this issue. Given the number of iOS devices out there, if iOS devices crashing WiFi networks was common, we would see more posts.

It's worth noting that your "modem" and your router may be two different devices. If you have two boxes, make sure both are up-to-date.

Aug 29, 2015 11:49 AM in response to wiild_chiild

Basic things to check:

• Reboot the router by removing all power from it for about 15 seconds.
  • Is it possible you or someone manually entered an IP address for an iOS device (or any other device using the network)? If so this ca create an IP address conflict on the local network, which would cause the sort of problems you describe. If you aren't sure, on each device "forget" the network, reboot the device, the reconnect. This will restore default values and automatic IP assignment.
  • It's also possible that the router issued the same IP address to 2 or more devices; rebooting it should fix that, or better yet, reset it to factory defaults.

Aug 29, 2015 10:29 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

thank you for the tips . But i think none of it will solve my problem, i will give it a try any way but the problem here is that i can, when i want to, make it crash.

SImply by watching youtube videos or opening heavy internet pages and none of other devices are logged in , just with 1/3 or 2/3 wifi signal strenght and like i mentionned : only iOS can do this.

Can record a video example if any one ask for.

iOS 8 is crashing my wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.