Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is a good OS to upgrade to for my Macbook Pro early 2011 edition? I currently have Snow Leopard and I am really happy with its speWhat newer OS won't be sluggish on my early 2011 MBP?

What is a good OS to upgrade to for my Macbook Pro early 2011 edition? I currently have Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and I am really happy with its speed, but I need an OS with icloud. What newer OS won't be sluggish on my early 2011 MBP?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Early 2011 Macbook Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:19 AM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 3:29 AM in response to WorkHardStayHumble

In order to use iCloud your Mac must be running Yoosemite. Your Mac meets v10 Yosemite requirements > System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support

How to install OS X Yosemite on your Mac

Yosemite is free and available for download from the App Store.

If you are using Rosetta on v10.6 Snow Leopard read prior to upgrading > Upgrading to 10.7 and above, don't forget Rosetta! | Apple Support Communities

Make sure your Mac has plenty of available disk space. Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon on your Desktop then click Get Info. You will see Available and Capacity in the Get Info panel. Make sure there's at least 15% free disk space.

Be aware any third party apps you may have installed that are compatible with v10.6 Snow Leopard may not be compatible with v10 Yosemite.

What is a good OS to upgrade to for my Macbook Pro early 2011 edition? I currently have Snow Leopard and I am really happy with its speWhat newer OS won't be sluggish on my early 2011 MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.