Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download the free trial of Final Cut Pro X

I have gone onto the Apple Website to download the 30 day free trial of Final Cut Pro X. It has downloaded which took three hours and then when I try and open up the software it comes up with: Alert this software cannot be installed on this computer.

I don't understand why I can't because I don't have any updates to do.

I am using an iMac on Mac OS X (10.7.5).

Thank you 😕

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 4:33 AM

The current version of FCPX requires Yosemite (OS X 10,10).

If you don't want to upgrade the OS, format a spare drive in OS X Extended (Journaled) download and install Yosemite on it and then download the trial version of Final Cut. Alternatively, if you have the free space on your current system drive, you may be able to re-partition it without erasing the existing drive.

Russ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 4:33 AM in response to Minnieacka

The current version of FCPX requires Yosemite (OS X 10,10).

If you don't want to upgrade the OS, format a spare drive in OS X Extended (Journaled) download and install Yosemite on it and then download the trial version of Final Cut. Alternatively, if you have the free space on your current system drive, you may be able to re-partition it without erasing the existing drive.

Russ

I can't download the free trial of Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.