Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Accounts app

I received an email yesterday saying that I had a WhatsAp message. When I replied to the sender (a friend) querying the message, emails were sent from my gmail account to a number of unknown destinations (not my address book). Google has today alerted me to the fact that someone has tried to use my password to get into my account - not me - and advised me to change my password, which I have done (on my android phone). I have subsequently tried to log into my Gmail account on my Mac but the Internet Accounts app (which says that OSX would like to view and manage my mail) tells me it "Failed To Authenticate With Google”. I do notice that the email address on the app is the old “googlemail” configuration rather than the newer “gmail” one.

How do i remedy this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:03 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 10:13 AM in response to Ianfromherts

First of all, you were probably scammed, and that message, although it appeared to be from your friend, was probably from a spammer.

Your Mac has no way of knowing what Account changes have been made on your phone. If you changed your email Server password, you must change it on each device used to fetch mail from the google Server.

Copy the google mail information that works from your phone, and use it to update the Accounts information that no longer works on your Mac.

Internet Accounts app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.