Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

converting MOV files into MP4

Hello,

I started filming with my iPad 2 which produces MOV files. Displays crystal clear on my iPad 2. However, as I have a Windows computer I subsequently converted the MOV files into MP4 files with Quicktime Pro. But now the quality of the video is terrible: very small video and blurry. Sound is still good though.

What is the problem? Is the camera of iPad 2 not good enough to create films? Or should I use different settings while converting the video with Quicktime Pro?

Any ideas are very much appreciated!

iPad 2, Windows 7, Quicktime Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:17 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 7:53 AM in response to Joke IJ

I started filming with my iPad 2 which produces MOV files. Displays crystal clear on my iPad 2. However, as I have a Windows computer I subsequently converted the MOV files into MP4 files with Quicktime Pro. But now the quality of the video is terrible: very small video and blurry. Sound is still good though.

What is the problem? Is the camera of iPad 2 not good enough to create films? Or should I use different settings while converting the video with Quicktime Pro?

Any ideas are very much appreciated!

I suspect your primary problem is the settings being use. What you can do depends on your goals here.

If all you want to do is is turn your iPad MOV files into MP4 files, then the easiest solution using QT 7 Pro would be to use the "Movie to MPEG-4" export option to "Pass Through" the H.264 video and AAC audio data recorded in the iPad MOV file to a new MP4 file container. This operation does not re-encode the AV data and thus, the display size and quality of the recording remains unchanged.

On the other hand, if your goal is to create a smaller custom MP4 file with a targeted display larger than you are getting in your current workflow, then manually adjust the output settings accordingly and transcode the files at a data rate that retains the level of quality that you desire.

User uploaded file

converting MOV files into MP4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.