Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Script errors in Safari/Unable to Save Files

Hello,

I am using Mavericks. Earlier today, Safari froze up and I used force quit and then restarted the application. When reloading, certificate errors pop up for every website. This is also affecting iTunes. I am unable to save or copy files on my computer and receive an error code -50. When attempting to log out as the user I received some sort of error saying only a mac application may make this request. Please advise.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 4:49 AM

5 replies

Aug 29, 2015 5:34 AM in response to AWMILLER83

I restarted in safe mode. I am able to access the Internet without script errors but still unable to save or copy files.

I attempted to run KeyChain First Aid:

Repair started

Checking keychain configuration for andrewmiller (user ID=501)

Home directory is /Users/andrewmiller

Checked login keychain

Unable to open ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain (-25312)

Failed to rename /Users/andrewmiller/Library/Keychains/login.keychain to /Users/andrewmiller/Library/Keychains/login_renamed.keychain, reason: The operation couldn’t be completed. Invalid argument

User differs on ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.plist, should be 501, owner is 0

Owner not corrected on ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.plist, reason: The operation couldn’t be completed. Invalid argument

Checked default keychain

User differs on ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.plist, should be 501, owner is 0

Owner not corrected on ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.plist, reason: The operation couldn’t be completed. Invalid argument

Checked contents of ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain

Unable to open ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain (-25312)

Checked contents of ~/Library/Keychains/Microsoft_Intermediate_Certificates

Unable to open ~/Library/Keychains/Microsoft_Intermediate_Certificates (-25312)

Warning: some problems were not fixed

Repair failed

The error message when attempting to log out as the user:

Unapproved caller. SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software.

Script errors in Safari/Unable to Save Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.