Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ds600

I have been using my Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2012; 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7; 16GB 1600MHz DDR3) using Mountain Lion with my brother DSmobile600 scanner via a USB cable without any problems for several months without any issues. I have recently upgraded to OS X Yosemite (10.10.4). Now I have had issues with my scanner. I had to reset my printers

Now when I connect my scanner and go the the SYSTEM PREFERENCES > PRINTER & SCANNERS

there is no scanner on the left hand box, I click ADD PRINTER, and there is nothing to choose from.

I have been looking around the internet and have tried the following proposed solutions without much success

1) I have run the disk permissions repair via the disk utility

2) I have tried resetting the PRAM and SMC

3) I have downloaded the latest drivers supposedly OS10.10 compatible from brother

4) I have confirmed via SYSTEM INFORMATION and it seems to tell be that the DS600 is connected to the USB hub

5) (I have checked it on a windows computer and the scanner and cable are working!)

6) I have endlessly pressed reset printer

Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:10 AM

2 replies

ds600

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.