Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slide show themes

I have just created a slide show in I Photo. I really like the Reflections theme in terms of appearance but do not wish the images to be placed at random. I would like to use this theme but want to know if it is possible to nominate a specific 'page layout' for a given image rather than having the program distribute them into layouts at random. Anyone able to advise?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:43 AM

They're not displayed at random but rather the template is fixed in the proportion of Portrait to Landscape layouts and it tires to fit the photos to the templates. There is no way round this.

Alternatives to iPhoto's slideshow include:

iMovie is on every Mac sold.

Others, in order of price:

PhotoToMovie $49.95

PulpMotion $129

FotoMagico $99

Final Cut Pro X $299

It's difficult to compare these apps. They have differences in capability - some are driven off templates. some aren't. Some have a wider variety of transitions. Others will have excellent audio controls. It's worth checking them out to see what meets your needs. However, there is no doubt that Final Cut Pro X is the most capable app of them all. You get what you pay for.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 5:43 AM in response to cjspbali

They're not displayed at random but rather the template is fixed in the proportion of Portrait to Landscape layouts and it tires to fit the photos to the templates. There is no way round this.

Alternatives to iPhoto's slideshow include:

iMovie is on every Mac sold.

Others, in order of price:

PhotoToMovie $49.95

PulpMotion $129

FotoMagico $99

Final Cut Pro X $299

It's difficult to compare these apps. They have differences in capability - some are driven off templates. some aren't. Some have a wider variety of transitions. Others will have excellent audio controls. It's worth checking them out to see what meets your needs. However, there is no doubt that Final Cut Pro X is the most capable app of them all. You get what you pay for.

slide show themes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.