Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Match playlist names visible when choosing Music on iPhone only

Hi All,

I have 10 or 20 playlists set up on iTunes and I have iTunes match.

When I use my iPhone I like to see only the music that I have stored on my phone at the time. When I choose this option, I can see only the songs that are downloaded to the phone. However I can see all of the playlist names from my iTunes. Many of these are empty because I don't have their songs downloaded to the phone. On iTunes on my laptop they obviously have music in each.

The reason I use this option is because my car media screen works best through choosing the playlists available. Is there any way that I can stop these playlist names appearing on my phone? It makes choosing music in the car awkward.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:52 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 3:19 PM in response to glic

Hello,

I understand your intentions in trying to remove empty playlists to remove unnecessary clutter when scrolling through playlists in your car. I don't see any solution because in the eyes of iTunes Match, those are active playlists in the cloud. The fact that you choose not to download certain music tracks is between you and your phone. iTunes Match has no way of knowing your intentions. Not using iTunes Match will allow you more versatility with playlists but may not be a suitable option for you.

Match playlist names visible when choosing Music on iPhone only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.