Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The updated version on my mac does not have iPhoto. How do I view the photos which I'd saved on iPhoto on a USB?

How do I retrieve the photos on iPhoto?

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:56 AM

5 replies

Aug 29, 2015 8:49 AM in response to barnowlhedwig

Niel's comments about using the option key before launching Photos will prompt you for the library location (your USB stick). Your version of iPhoto is out of date per that icon image you posted.

OS X does not bundle iPhoto, it was available via the App Store. If you had updated to iPhoto v9.6.1 for Yosemite compatibility, and an iPhoto library is present, the installation of OS X 10.10.3 or later will install the new Photos application, without removing your iPhoto application or its library.

The first time you launch the Photos application, it will automatically locate the iPhoto library, and build a new Photos library. Subsequent additions to the iPhoto library are not automatically updated in the Photos library.

The updated version on my mac does not have iPhoto. How do I view the photos which I'd saved on iPhoto on a USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.