Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes appearance has changed and it can't sync my phone

Hello,

yesterday I must have accidently have hit the wrong buttons since the appearance of Itunes had changed. Also I can't sync my phone anymore. When I click File > Devices, all option are greyed out.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 3:59 AM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 6:43 AM in response to Busted85

Greetings Busted85,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that in iTunes 12 on your Windows computer, you are no longer able to sync your iPhone because the options are grayed out.

The first attached article below shows how iTunes displays an icon when a device is connected (step 1). This is where you would select your device to access the different syncing panes as described in the rest of the article. If this icon shows up in iTunes on your computer, please follow the remaining steps and attempt to sync your iPhone. If the icon does show and you are still unable to sync, please let me know what step you first notice an issue and what happens.

iTunes 12 for Windows: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

If this icon is not showing, this means that iTunes is not recognizing that a device has been connected. To troubleshoot and resolve this situation, please read over and work through the steps located in the next attached article below.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Cheers

Itunes appearance has changed and it can't sync my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.