Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organizing photo on iPhone (moving from PC to Mac)

Hiya guys,

I am finally taking the big step of ditching my windows PC and moving to an iMac, so count me as a total noob who is willing to learn.

Now, I used to keep a lot of photos I saved from the internet in a lot of folders on my windows PC. This is in turn imported into my iPhone with the pictures sorted nicely into the folders.

I am not really certain how I would do the same thing into the Mac though (as I said, total Mac noob).

Do I copy the photos via an external hard drive into my Mac documents folder, and then just ask iTunes to sync that?

Or should I put it all into the Photos app?

Is the Photos app meant to organize ALL images inside your Mac?

Would appreciate any input! Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:59 AM

You can do exactly the same as you did on your PC - just have the items in Folders.

If you prefer, you can use Photos, but remember this is a database driven system with a learning curve. it's different from what you're used to. It has more possibilities but it's a different mind set.

Sp there's no app "meant" to organise every photo on your Mac. You can use the Finder, use Photos or any other app you prefer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 6:59 AM in response to johanirae

You can do exactly the same as you did on your PC - just have the items in Folders.

If you prefer, you can use Photos, but remember this is a database driven system with a learning curve. it's different from what you're used to. It has more possibilities but it's a different mind set.

Sp there's no app "meant" to organise every photo on your Mac. You can use the Finder, use Photos or any other app you prefer.

Organizing photo on iPhone (moving from PC to Mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.