Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook impacts iTunes behaviour on iPad

When playing music on the iPad, if I browse Facebook strange things seem to happen.

With headphones on the volume will decrease when I go onto Facebook or the song will stop playing.

Today, at home, with the iPad playing on my home stereo system via Airport Express, every time I browse Facebook via the iPad the music fades and stops. This doesn't just happen when I go to watch a movie in Facebook (which I would of course understand), but when just browsing, without even making a comment or anything.

I have tried "everything" I can find in Notifications/sounds for ipad and Facebook but it makes not difference.

So, does anyone out there have the magic pill that will allow me to listen to my ipad through my home stereo via Airport Express and play on Facebook at the same time?

Many thanks for your time and (hopefully) your help.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 4:13 AM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 5:57 AM in response to French_Chris

Hi French_Chris,

I don't know what's happening, but perhaps we could begin by trying to isolate the cause of the problem.

Are you browsing Facebook using the Facebook app? If so, perhaps you could try deleting this app temporarily, then browsing Facebook using the web interface (with Safari or another browser). If the strange behavior goes away, then evidently the app has been taking control of your sound output, somehow. Unless there's a specific setting for this in Settings > Facebook on the iPad, I don't know if there's any way to stop it.

Sep 1, 2015 12:31 AM in response to richard grant

Thanks for responding Richard. I haven't been able to do this just yet as I am travelling but it seems like a good first step and I will do it when I get home and let you know.

I am using the facebook app and looked at settings but found nothing that seemed relevant. I'll try doing it through safari and see what happens.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks for taking the time.

Facebook impacts iTunes behaviour on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.