Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting insert a blank CD

All of the sudden, I'm getting "insert a blank CD" when trying to burn a CD. Also, I can't see my CD/DVD disk on my screen. Any advice?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 2:38 PM

Hi Rumba,

It sounds like the computer isn't recognizing the CD that you've inserted. It's possible the CD is defective somehow -- do you have other blanks, or (ideally) other blanks from a different package, that you could try?

The alternative explanation would be that your CD/DVD drive is messed up or perhaps just needs cleaning,

But before panicking, always try restarting the computer. Sometimes that works magic.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 2:38 PM in response to Rumba123

Hi Rumba,

It sounds like the computer isn't recognizing the CD that you've inserted. It's possible the CD is defective somehow -- do you have other blanks, or (ideally) other blanks from a different package, that you could try?

The alternative explanation would be that your CD/DVD drive is messed up or perhaps just needs cleaning,

But before panicking, always try restarting the computer. Sometimes that works magic.

getting insert a blank CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.