Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos taken from my phones front camera are corrupt on my mac but not on pc?

I am trying to back up all the photos taken on my phone, a samsung galaxy s2.

I have done this several times to my pc and have had no problems.

My first time backing up to my Mac book Pro. I copy all the photos and I notice that all the photos taken on the front/selfie camera are corrupt. The photos taken on the back camera are fine and viewable on my Mac. Also any panorama photos are corrupt on Mac

I then tried backing up these same photos on my PC and they are all fine.

I then tried emailing one of the selfie photos to myself in case there was a problem with copying via USB. I opened it on my PC and its viewable, I was able to open it on a samsung tablet and it was viewable but when opened on my mac, its CORRUPT.

The only time I was able to view any of these selfie photos on my Mac was if it had been editted on my phone using software such as Instagram, photo grid, etc. before being copied over.

Can you please explain why unedited photos taken on my phones front camera and panaroma shots are corrupt on only my Macbook and not any other type of computer, or tablet?

Is there software I can get to remedy it?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:33 AM

There are no replies.

photos taken from my phones front camera are corrupt on my mac but not on pc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.