Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a iPad model MB294LL and it is not letting me use some NEEDED apps because the update is not what is requires.... its 5.1.1 (9B206) and says its up up date...... Please tell me there is a way to get it to do an update to the current !!!

i have a iPad model MB294LL and it is not letting me use some NEEDED apps because the update is not what is requires.... its 5.1.1 (9B206) and says its up up date...... Please tell me there is a way to get it to do an update to the current !!! Brian

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, need iPad to be current.

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:16 AM

You have an iPad 1st generation, which cannot be updated beyond iOS 5.1.1.

But you can download the latest compatible version of some apps.

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support

1 reply

i have a iPad model MB294LL and it is not letting me use some NEEDED apps because the update is not what is requires.... its 5.1.1 (9B206) and says its up up date...... Please tell me there is a way to get it to do an update to the current !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.