Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Window disappearing when minimising full screen video?

So basically when my Safari window is in full screen mode and I am watching a full screen video on Netflix or Youtube, if I try to minimise that video my whole Safari window disappears and will not reopen when I press the Safari button. I can also still hear the video playing and this will only stop if I quit Safari. The window is not minimised as there is no window in bottom right corner. Also this doesn't seem to happen if Safari is not in full screen mode before I maximise a video?

I hope that makes sense and I'm probably being stupid but this only started a few days ago and I don't have a clue what is going on but it's driving me crazy!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 5:56 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 6:18 AM in response to lauren1317

Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab.

Click Delete All under Browsing Data and Settings

Now empty the Safari cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Quit then relaunch Safari and try minimizing a video window.

Safari Window disappearing when minimising full screen video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.