Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to itunes server

I am running iTunes version 12.1.2.27 on a windows vista with ALL the latest updates. i click on check for updates and receive a notice that a newer version 12.2.2 is available for download. i click on d/l itunes and after waiting ~ 2-3 minutes NOTHING happens. i have tried ~ 3 times with same results. I have tried both REstarting iTunes AND my computer to NO avail. i ran the itunes diagnostics utility and get indication that the internet connection failed. i reran it again with the same result. I AM connected to the internet via wifi and have no problems with my mozilla browser or other internet apps.

As per the Itunes help file associated with problem I checked my LAN settings via: Ctrl Panel>Internet Options>>Connections>LAN Settings and see the settings under Proxy Server are both checked: #1. Use Proxy Server for your LAN and #2. Bypass Proxy Server for local addresses. I have also REstarted into SAFE MODE with the SAME results.

At this point I do NOT know what else to do but DO want to resolve THIS poroblem.

Thank you for the favor lof a timely response and hopefully how to get THIS problem resolved.

windows -OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:15 AM

1 reply

cannot connect to itunes server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.