Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3.2 critical glitch: Deleting lyrics and waveform

*sigh*

Man, this is really frustrating.

First off, bad on me. I know better than to upgrade to a .0 release. I guess my excitement for Alchemy got the best of me.

Problem 1: Deleting lyrics every time

Description:

I had an entire concert built for my band with patches for each section of the song, lyrics, etc.
After the upgrade, all of my lyrics and chords in every patch (over 100, for reference) are gone. It's the default "Your text or lyrics" message.

So I go through and reenter all of them, hitting save after every patch. I make a backup of the file on a different drive.

Upon reopening? Nothing. Default text again. No lyrics/chords.

I tried deleting the text box from the layout, and then recreating it as a new object. Reentered all lyrics. Saved after every patch. Made a backup.

Nothing. Once I reopen, all text goes back to the default message. Conveniently, we had to play a show yesterday with none of our lyrics.

Problem 2:

On screen Waveform will not retain association with Playback plugin. Same as problem 1. I associate it for each playback instance/patch/set. Hit save multiple times, make a backup. Upon reopening...it's a blank waveform again.

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:30 AM

21 replies

Sep 1, 2015 1:20 AM in response to rc tech

RC, thanks for the reply.

Actually all patches and sets had channel strips in them. I actually made concert from scratch (twice), fresh in 3.2 to see if that would solve it.
I also:
Uninstalled/reinstalled.
Disk utility repair permissions and disk
Reset the PRAM and SMC.

Nada. I had to revert to 3.1.1 using Time Machine,

Very, very disappointing.

Sep 14, 2015 12:40 PM in response to Authentic Identity

Same here, first I had the wrong format error with Mainstage 3.2 and was not able to open any of my 3.1.1 concerts. So I used the fix deleting the Mainstage Settings. After that I was able to open the concerts, BUT all my lyrics and text and song-notes are gone!

This is a nightmare... I cant really perform without it, I have a dozens backups from my concerts, but none of them is showing the notes.

Please Apple, get aware of this and fix this asap!!! I don't want to go back to 3.1.1 as far as alchemy is so great...

Sep 28, 2015 8:01 AM in response to Birlibancek

Yippeah! It works 🙂

Before sending feedback to Apple I did the following with success:

At first, I had both Mainstage Versions in Applications folder (3.1.1 and 3.2.1, you can have both installed, the 3.1.1 I just took from time machine backup, just give one of them another name, e.g. Mainstage 311)

Then I...

• opened up the 3.1.1 concert in 3.1.1, selected all sets and patches and saved them to disc
  • Then deleted all patches and sets but leaving my layout as it was
  • Saved the concert with a new name
  • closed Mainstage 3.1.1
  • opened Mainstage 3.2.1
  • opened the previously saved empty concert... now without format error.
  • in the patch list, loaded the previously saved patch list from the old concert...
  • now the magic: everything loaded fine into the patchlist of the new concert (Lyrics, Settings, Instruments...)
  • saved the new concert with all the patches
  • tested successfully to load the concert again in 3.2.1

Now I'm happy and can start enjoying the alchemy sounds... thanks for any help and hints I got here.

Hope the next bigger update won't be such a bunch of pain ;-)

Mainstage 3.2 critical glitch: Deleting lyrics and waveform

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.