Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes freezes after sleep mode

iTunes12.2.2.25

Yosemite 10.10.5

9 times out of 10 when I come to my Mac and wake it from sleep mode, then try to open iTunes, it freezes -- spinning beach ball. I have to force quit, re-launch it, and it works fine from there.

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2017 11:44 PM

I have this exact problem too. Just updated to macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and am using the latest iTunes 12.5.5.5 to make sure its not because of that but the problem keeps occurring EVERY TIME I open my macbook from sleep with iTunes previously open.

Help!

4 replies

Aug 30, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Mark Mckenzie

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like iTunes is often unresponsive when you wake your Mac from sleep, but works fine after you force quit and relaunch it.

Here are a few steps I'd recommend first to troubleshoot the situation.

If you have an iOS device connected to your Mac when this occurs, see iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you've installed any third-party iTunes plugins, see iTunes: Troubleshooting issues with third-party iTunes plug-ins.

You can also rule out software conflicts in your user account by creating a new user on your Mac to see if the behavior happens there. See How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

Best Regards.

iTunes freezes after sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.