Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can videos from a shared library be Downloaded on a iPad for later viewing

HomeSharing Import button missing from shared library when trying to import movies to computer.

Dell, 64 bit

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:34 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 7:44 AM in response to AMK30322

Hello AMK30322,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to utilize Home Sharing to share content, video in this case, to another iTunes library on a different computer, but do not see the option to import. For information on how to import content using Home Sharing, I would recommend working thorough the steps in the attached article below.

iTunes 12 for Windows: Use Home Sharing to import items from another iTunes library

Have a great day

Aug 30, 2015 12:10 PM in response to AppleJoe

I have successfully used home sharing for many months. This issue started after update to windows 10 on one computer. The computer that windows 10 computer is homesharing with is a windows 8.1. When I view the windows 10 itunes library on the windows 8.1 computer there are errors. The import function is missing and I am unable to watch any movie on the 8.1 computer that is sharing the library from the windows 10 computer. So there is 2 issues,

1 the import function is missing from the shared library on windows 8.1 computer.

2 I am unable to watch any movies from the shared library on the windows 8.1 computer movies will not openup or start.

Also the Music library works perfectly.

I spoke to Apple support and they say Itunes is working perfectly it is a windows 10 problem. I was hoping for some suggestions as to what to do next. I also read in Microsoft community that Windows 10 in not compatible with Itunes and then I read that it is compatible. I uninstalled Itunes on both computers and reinstalled Itunes, still the same issues.

Can videos from a shared library be Downloaded on a iPad for later viewing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.