Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printers & Scanners Compatible with OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

I currently own an HP Officejet 6500 and a Cannon PIXMA MX850. I have had these printers for several years with no complaints. I recently upgraded to OS X Yosemite (Currently 10.10.5) and neither of these printers will work correctly with my iMac. The Cannon website clearly shows that the PIXMA MX850 is not compatible. Supposedly my Officejet 6500 is compatible, however after several weeks of research and trying every type of reboot, update, etc., it still prints crooked or just prints partial pages.

It is time to upgrade to a new printer. Can anyone provide personal experience of a reliable printer that is compatible with the following features:

All-in-one wireless print/scan/fax

Air print

Print from iPhone and iPad

Quality photos with separate compartment for photo paper

Edgeless printing

Duplex printing

I would like to stay under $200, but willing to go higher for a solid purchase.

I am also in the market for a compatible scanner with the following features:

Duplex scanning with a single pass

Auto orientation sensor

Auto color sensor

Add pages option

If possible, able to scan smaller documents like receipts

I would like to stay under $200, but willing to go higher for a solid purchase.

I truly appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond. Thanks, Scott

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:36 AM

7 replies

Aug 29, 2015 9:35 AM in response to SiK27

Well that could be a failing printer, that doesn't sound like anything to do with the computer itself. Try restarting the computer and while doing so reset the PRAM per Intel iMac SMC and PRAM resets and retest. If that does not work then restart in Safe Mode (hold down the Shift key on restart until it fully boots) then restart normally and re-test. If all those fail, my guess is the printer is a goner.

Printers & Scanners Compatible with OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.