Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

frequent crashes when using two monitors

I'm dealing with a strange problem with Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1 on a 2013 Mac Pro with two Dell monitors connected via DVI to Mini Display adapters.

When running FCPX on both monitors (using the second monitor for Events) the application will crash very frequently, sometimes every few minutes. When I switch back to using only one monitor for Final Cut, things are much more stable.

Curiously, we have other systems that use Apple Thunderbolt Displays and they do not seem to have this dual screen crash bug. Is there something about using non-Thunderbolt monitors that would cause this behavior? We are working around the issue by keeping FCPX on one display, but I would like to get this figured out. Thanks!

Bill

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 64GB RAM

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:21 AM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 2:31 PM in response to Bill_Davis

Agreed with Luis, I have 2 Samsung 4k monitors running into 2 of the thunderbolt ports and 2 x 4 port thunderbolt splitters to the hard drives. This works for me and the monitors never crash but sometimes the second one goes offline for a second. A few times the monitors have reversed and I have to reset them in FCP X. Hope this helps and best wishes.

frequent crashes when using two monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.