Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't lock "local items" in keychain

Macbook Pro OS 10.10.5. I unlocked "local items" in keychain access but can't lock it again. When I click the local items lock image nothing happens.

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:52 AM

11 replies

Jul 20, 2017 7:33 AM in response to SaysHi

The feature to repair keychains has been removed, by design. So there are no other methods available if what you insist on doing is locking that keychain and it refuses to lock.

If instead you could elaborate about what problems you are facing, and in what Mac and what MacOS, under what circumstances, readers are eager to help you through other methods.

To get the most rapid solution to your exact problem, you should start a new thread. You are welcome to post here instead, but your issue is more likely to languish without solution here than on a new thread.

Aug 29, 2015 3:30 PM in response to Linc Davis

They don't seem to want to be dragged. All except one date from 2014 when I upgraded my OS and started receiving messages requesting keychain access. Those are known to me. However, the latest stated that "messaging agent" wanted my keychain password, which is why I unlocked "local access." This appeared August 24, 2015:

User uploaded file

There's an Indian software company called Macwill which may have nothing to do with this, but I deleted it to be on the safe side. It's not much use, though, if I can't lock the keychain.

Aug 29, 2015 5:28 PM in response to Linc Davis

Keychain repair allowed me to drag some items into the log-in keychain, which was helpful. I deleted everything in local items but "delete keychain 'local items' is greyed out. Everything in the 'local' keychain was related to logging onto wifi at cafes and hotels until Macwill showed up, so I'll just monitor it for the moment. Thanks very much for your time.

can't lock "local items" in keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.