Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini storage question re:video and Other

I just bought an iPad mini exclusively for recording video (meaning using the Camera app to "videotape" myself teaching).

When I initially synced the mini with my computer. I had ~25GB of space available and I believe "Other" either wasn't there or was very, very small.

Then I recorded a 1.5 hour video.

Then I deleted the video and then removed the video from Recently Deleted.

Then I synced the ipad back to my computer to look at storage. Given that I had only recorded a video which I then deleted (and literally did *nothing* else) I assumed I would still have ~25GB available.

Also, Other has become 8.21GB, leaving me only ~17GB of space.

My question (obviously) is "why?" and also, will this problem increase in size as I continue to record/delete/record/delete over time?

Thanks for any help understanding what's going on.

Peter

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:37 AM

There are no replies.

iPad mini storage question re:video and Other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.