Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dont undertand AT ALL how "keychain" works!!.. from

i dont understand AT ALL how "keychain" works!!.. and from ive been reading today, im really thinking i should find a way to disable or uninstall.. all week i had been trying to fix this, and instead i have caused more problems.

ive also had a strange ""sticky" keyboard + delayed response on screen causing passwords and everything to be typed incorrectly.

there are so many issues, i dont know where to start!

my inability to comprehend any possible solutions is also a factor.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:33 AM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 9:27 AM in response to Miss Starchild

Keychain is unlikley to be the source of the problems you describe.

Keychain provides an automatic and standard repository for your secrets, such as your email passwords. If you disable it, you will need to type your email password 20 times a day. You can add some webpage and similar passwords to it easily, and then you do not have to remember them and type them every time they are needed. Use of keychain to remember passwords does not cause any perceptible delays.

These secrets are all locked with your login password. Your keychain is unlocked automatically when you log in. It can get messed up and stay locked if you force-change your login password because you could not remember the old one. But this means you cannot access the old passwords -- it does not cause typing problems or delays.

i dont undertand AT ALL how "keychain" works!!.. from

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.