Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's General/"Good" Battery Life (6 Plus)?

Same as title.

What is considered "good" battery life for the 6 Plus with semi-heavy usage AND with general usage, like constantly switching between Twitter, Instagram, FaceBook, & some other misc. apps?

Right now I think I'm losing like 10%/hr or something.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 7:06 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Ethan7988

But what about hourly? Is 10%/hr normal or what?

'Cause there's no way I could do LTE & Wi-Fi browsing for 12 hours if it's 10%/hr (maybe slightly less).

Aug 29, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Community User

If you are losing 10% per hour and you are not using the phone during that time you have an app that is either very active or is stuck in a loop and misbehaving. If you are using the phone and losing 10% per hour on LTE it may be due to a weak cellular signal. Note that all of the specs say "up to..." That's a best case with a good signal (5 dots). The phone will use 10 times as much energy if you have only 1 dot because it must increase its output power to maintain a connection.

At 10%/hr you should get 10 hours of browsing, which is not that much lower than the 12 hour spec. Note also that the battery gauge is not that accurate; that 10% may be 8% or 12% if you only measure it for 1 hour. The best test is how much time you get from 100% to 0%.

What's General/"Good" Battery Life (6 Plus)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.