Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro early 2011 LED replacement cost in Apple store UK

Hi,

recently my macbook pro (early 2011) 13 inch LED display got damaged, it definitely need a replacement. The glass and the back aluminium case are fine.

I would love to know the approximate cost to replace this LED only in apple store, UK. Please share your experience.

Regards,

Raju Vegesna.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), damaged LED

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:42 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 9:46 AM in response to raju.vegesna

It depends completely on EXACTLY what model you have, The most accurate information would be what the store tells you, and they can also supply approximate repair times, which vary widely.

The display logic is attached to the glass, so having a good glass does not change the cost of the repair. If the back cover is dented, it makes it much more difficult to convince them to do the repair at all. So not damaged is good, but does not change the COST.

Aug 29, 2015 8:07 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

My macbook pro model is A1278 (MacbookPro8,1)

Does it mean Apple store will replace the whole display(including glass, LED, back aluminium cover) rather replacing LED part only??

Please tell me if any body done the similar repair in apple store?

Depend on the price I may go for new MacBook Pro rather spending on replacement. Please help.

Aug 30, 2015 8:32 AM in response to raju.vegesna

In most cases, Apple will replace the display array and the glass as a unit, leaving the aluminum back cover and bezel and Wi-Fi antenna and any other random components as they were.

The best way to determine the actual cost is to ask them. It is not a car dealership -- they do not charge you for advice (or even for a full evaluation if you make an appointment).

There are also third-party services that can replace your broken display with either a new one or one salvaged from a similar model that died a different death, and supply a modest warranty.

Macbook Pro early 2011 LED replacement cost in Apple store UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.