Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MFX to ProRes converter

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend software to convert MFX files to ProRes? I'm looking for something that is seamless and doesn't degrade the quality of the original file.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Using Final cut Studio 7

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:21 AM

2 replies

Sep 10, 2015 1:06 PM in response to jestur from ottawa

tell us where the files came from...

One issue with editready is that you will not be able to batch recapture with any ease if your drive fails our you've deleted your media. I also think that editready does not assign a real number to the prores media files which can cause issues with media manager.

The real problem, as much as I hate to say it, is that fcp7 is outdated and not really suitable for prime time editing anymore. If you know what you're doing, you can make it work, but...

MFX to ProRes converter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.