Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i change the wireless network password on my time capsule

How do you change the wireless network password on time capsule?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:14 AM

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac. In the first graphical display click on your Time Capsule, then click on Edit and go to the Wireless tab. You'll find and can change your password there.

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 10:01 AM in response to hughes32w

If you change the wireless network password, it is also a good idea to change the name of the wireless network as well. If you do not do this, then you have stored settings for a wireless network name that has two different passwords.

That is bound to produce a conflict at some point, likely sooner than later.

If you elected to use the wireless network name that Apple suggested when you originally set up the Time Capsule.......something silly like hughes32w's red apple wireless network......which breaks Apple's own rules as far as naming a network......now would be an excellent time to change the name of the network to something more simple and reliable.

The basic naming guidelines suggest using a network name that is.......

o Short, no more than 20 characters, with less being better

o No special characters....like an apostrophe, asterisk, dollar sign, etc in the same. In other words, use only normal numbers and letters

o No blank spaces in the name

So, a good name for your network might be something like......

hughes32wireless

16 total characters, no special characters and no blank spaces in the name. It's your call.

how can i change the wireless network password on my time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.