Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There are many white spots on my iphone 6 back although i have always used a case.. What could be the reason. It looks las if the paint is corroded

there are many white spots on my grey iphone6 back as if the paint is corroded. What could be the reason. I have always used it with a case

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:12 AM

The case may be the problem. If moisture is being trapped between the case and the phone, then it is possible that it is damaging the finish. What kind of case?

Cheers,

GB

8 replies

Aug 29, 2015 9:53 AM in response to Bhav2805

Well, personally, I wouldn't use any case for my iPhone that was not on the Apple site. But that's just me. I'm sure there are tons of people who use other types of cases with no ill effects.

Right now, I'm putting my iPhones into a double-sleeve case, but that's because I like the feel of the "naked" phone, and I like to see the beautiful back! 🙂

So, I'm not an expert on cases. When I used to use one, I only had a bumper on it (that I purchased through Apple). Hopefully someone with more experience with actual cases may see this post and chime in.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance!

Best of luck,

GB

There are many white spots on my iphone 6 back although i have always used a case.. What could be the reason. It looks las if the paint is corroded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.