Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12 won't connect to Airplay

ITunes 12 won't play music through my Airplay speaker ("The Airplay device is not available. Please verify your network settings and Airplay configuration, or select another device from the Airplay menu."). Other devices (Android phone, Ipad) can connect and play music without issue. Windows shows the speaker as part of the network, and I can open the speaker configuration page.

Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:15 AM

3 replies

Aug 30, 2015 11:23 AM in response to michelleandwill

Good Afternoon, michelleandwill -

If you are having trouble using AirPlay to stream music through your speakers, follow the troubleshooting steps in the article below. I've highlighted the key information for you here. Click on the link for complete details.

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from iTunes on your computer - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202809

If you don't see the AirPlay icon in iTunes

When an AirPlay-enabled device is available, you'll see User uploaded file to the right of the volume slider in iTunes.

If you don't, try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes and Apple TV software.
  2. Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network. If you're using Ethernet, connect both devices to the same router or hub. If you're using Wi-Fi and Ethernet, connect your AirPlay device to the same router that your computer is using for Wi-Fi.
  3. Restart your computer, AirPlay device, and network router.
  4. On your AirPlay device, make sure that AirPlay is turned on. Some devices have an option to turn AirPlay off. Look for an AirPlay option in Settings, or check the user guide for more information.

Take care,

Mar 15, 2016 7:29 AM in response to michelleandwill

Hi, community.

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but, I just 'lost' my capabilty to stream Audio through my Pioneer VSX-1021-K. I am technically adept, and have dealt with this issue before as most do by unplugging the Receiver, and then all is well. But, now so luck. I am running:

iPhone 6 cannot open the iControl AV2; but, I can open it on my iPad.

Yesterday, I could stream iHeartradio through the Receiver, but, not today!

iTunes 12

iMac Yosemite

Something tells me this is a Pioneer/Apple issue. I am running the current Pioneer firmware too. SOoooooo frustrating; especially with NCAA upon us!

Many thanks to any who can be of help.

Karla

Mar 15, 2016 7:38 AM in response to judysings

Hi, community.

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but, I just 'lost' my capabilty to stream Audio through my Pioneer VSX-1021-K. I am technically adept, and have dealt with this issue before as most do by unplugging the Receiver, and then all is well. But, now so luck. I am running:

iPhone 6 cannot open the iControl AV2; but, I can open it on my iPad.

Yesterday, I could stream iHeartradio through the Receiver, but, not today!

iTunes 12

iMac Yosemite

Something tells me this is a Pioneer/Apple issue. I am running the current Pioneer firmware too. SOoooooo frustrating; especially with NCAA upon us!

Many thanks to any who can be of help.

Karla

Itunes 12 won't connect to Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.