Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I extend my home wifi range?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:25 AM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 12:00 PM in response to counseloratlarge

You probably meant to, but you did not tell us what product......make and model number.....is now producing the wireless signal that you want to extend.

Seems that there are many advertised products to help, but I'd like the advice of someone who's been there...

If you have an Apple router producing your wireless network signal now, then another Apple AirPort.....like an AirPort Express, for example.....can be quickly and easily configured to extend the signal from the "main" router.

But, you should know that Apple has done their very best to make their products and features proprietary......so that you have to use Apple products with other products for things to work correctly.

I suppose it is possible that a device from another manufacturer might be able to wirelessly extend the signal from an Apple router.....but having tried products from a number of different manufacturers (who claim that their products are "universal" or "work with any brand", I've yet to find one that worked well.....if at all.....when an Apple router was producing the wireless signal to be extended.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.