Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 1 ios 5.1.1. Mail, Word don't work.

A friend's hand-me-up iPad original was reset to factory specs to remove unwanted apps and other excess data.

Then it was updated to ios5.1.1. at an Apple store. Now nether Mail nor Word work. The intended uses include

Mail, word processing and internet connection for research.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), early 2011

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 10:47 AM

Hello, 1Albert.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having an issue with Mail and Microsoft Word on your iPad. I would need more information on what exact behavior you are experiencing with the applications to provide a better answer. However, here are a couple troubleshooting articles that may help with these issues.

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2015 10:47 AM in response to 1Albert

Hello, 1Albert.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having an issue with Mail and Microsoft Word on your iPad. I would need more information on what exact behavior you are experiencing with the applications to provide a better answer. However, here are a couple troubleshooting articles that may help with these issues.

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Cheers

Aug 30, 2015 2:23 PM in response to jason269

Thank you very much for the concise advice. I truly was getting advice for the iPad owner, who lives about 2k miles ENE of here. Your advice serves as evidence that there are solutions to the problems that arose after a visit to the Apple store, and was not resolved at the follow up visit.. Armed with these procedures I feel pretty confident the tech there may reasolve the issues presented.

Best wishes,

1Albert

iPad 1 ios 5.1.1. Mail, Word don't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.