Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't iCloud recognise my email address as being a full one?

i am trying to sign into iCloud with my apple id and password and get a message telling me my Apple ID must be a full email address which it is. I dont know what to do. Please help

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:51 AM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 9:25 AM in response to KateMick

Greetings KateMick,

It sounds as though when you try to sign in to iCloud on your iPad you get an error message that the Apple ID you are using must be an email address. Since you are using your email address, the error message is causing some confusion and you are still unable to sign in to iCloud, is that correct?

The first thing I would suggest you do here is to sign in to iCloud from a different device. Best would be to use a computer to go to www.iCloud.com, enter your Apple ID and password, and see if it allows you to sign in. If signing in this way fails, you will need to contact Apple ID security in order to get this fixed. Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security.

Should the Apple ID function correctly elsewhere, we need to troubleshoot the issue on your iPad. I would suggest first that you quit all applications on your iPad and try again. This article explains how to force applications to quit - Force an app to close in iOS.

If the issue continues to occur, next I would suggest restarting the iPad. See this article - Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Should the issue still be present, the next step is to erase the iPad and set it up as a new device. Follow the directions in this article - How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well.

Why won't iCloud recognise my email address as being a full one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.