Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try set up Apple pay I get a message to verify card and contact my bank, I've contacted them and the rep told me there wasn't anything that she could do what do I need to do?

apple pay advice

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:58 AM

Hi

When a bank wants to verify your identity before adding your card to Apple Pay, it will normally send you either an email or a text message with a one-time verification code (which may only be valid for, say, 10 minutes). Some banks also allow verification by phone or by secure message (via their own website).

You can verify your card any time after you add it. Return to Passbook on iPhone or Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay on iPad, and follow the steps. After your card is verified, tap Next. Then you can start using Apple Pay.

If you haven't received a verification code, it may mean that your bank doesn't have your current cell / mobile phone number or email address. Or they may expect you to call them, so that they can verify your identity that way.

Re-contact your bank, update your contact details, check what verification method they use and - if they normally send a code - try to add the card again.

If you still don't receive a code and/or can't add the card, call your bank again and ask to speak with someone in the Apple Pay verification team. They should definitely be able to help you.

More info: Set up and use Apple Pay on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 10:58 AM in response to perezflo1

Hi

When a bank wants to verify your identity before adding your card to Apple Pay, it will normally send you either an email or a text message with a one-time verification code (which may only be valid for, say, 10 minutes). Some banks also allow verification by phone or by secure message (via their own website).

You can verify your card any time after you add it. Return to Passbook on iPhone or Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay on iPad, and follow the steps. After your card is verified, tap Next. Then you can start using Apple Pay.

If you haven't received a verification code, it may mean that your bank doesn't have your current cell / mobile phone number or email address. Or they may expect you to call them, so that they can verify your identity that way.

Re-contact your bank, update your contact details, check what verification method they use and - if they normally send a code - try to add the card again.

If you still don't receive a code and/or can't add the card, call your bank again and ask to speak with someone in the Apple Pay verification team. They should definitely be able to help you.

More info: Set up and use Apple Pay on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

When I try set up Apple pay I get a message to verify card and contact my bank, I've contacted them and the rep told me there wasn't anything that she could do what do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.