Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite 10.10.5 and Wi-Fi Bugs from ****

I "upgraded" to Yosemite 10.10.5 on August 20th and have had constant problems connected to Wi-Fi. It's turning off and on, disconnecting, hanging up. I can't even stay on long enough to see if any other updates are available to fix the problem. I had to type this out on my tablet and send it as a copy/paste to email in order to quickly get it on here to ask what to do. In order to have any connection at all, I have to turn off my Wi-Fi in the middle of trying to load a page, then turn it back on quickly, click refresh, and the page comes up. I have to quickly do what I can before losing the connection and having to manually turn it all off and on again to reload and send anything.

Is there a way to fix this? I've noticed others who have had the same problem, but there seems to be no one who has an answer. Is there a way to get rid of the update that was supposed to debug Yosemite?

I have had 0 problems with connectivity until this upgrade, which seems to be nothing but a collection of bugs.

I am a writer and blogger, and I need my computer to be online. I can't type on a touchpad to save my life. I need help. Please.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:09 AM

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 11:09 AM in response to Tinhuviel

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Yosemite 10.10.5 and Wi-Fi Bugs from ****

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.