Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is payment method required to be on file?? I have had numerous problems because of this

Having a card on my acct. In itunes or app store has been a big unnecessary frustration, i shop free apps almost always, in the event i should need to buy an app per say, im ok having to enter my payment info, but forcing me to have this bankcard on file is pointless!

Example, apparently a purchase was made in my acct. And later on apple says there was a problem with billing... huh? So they gave me the song or app whatever, and didn't get funded, so they locked me out of app store to get it taken c are of. In the middle of this i closed my bank acct. To choose a different one, unaware of this stupid billing issue, Fundamentaly thats removing my privilege to update apps or iphone because of a $1.29 song i inadvertantly clicked on...buying it, or not according to Apple. Bottom line, they should have deleted the item from my acct. And asked me if i would like to try another form of payment, but no, instead they locked me out of app store, rendering my iphone nearly useless because of amuch needed updates that i can't access. All uppdates are for FREE APPS! My payment information just sitting around in apples computers for the "just in case" scenario is just irresponsible and controling. in an era of rampant identity theft/fraud. I should have the choice to leave my card on file, there's no valid reason to have this rediculous policy.

"Its like giving your credit card to the waitress before you have orderd dinner"

Waiting for a resolution..

iPhone 4s (8GB), iOS 8

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:07 AM

1 reply

Why is payment method required to be on file?? I have had numerous problems because of this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.