Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't figure out how to get Siri to understand the name of my town

I live in El Sobrante and commonly want to say something like "find [something] near El Sobrante".

She thinks I say "Elsa Bronte" or some other phonetic interpretation and says can't find it in Contacts (i'm not even referring to the Contacts). As slow or distinct as I say it she never gets it. Is there some way to train her to get it right? Can I say it somehow and then spell it for her?

She seems to do pretty good at finding things in Contacts from phonetic clues. She fails in the real world.

On another similar matter. I have a giclee printer and when using the word giclee spell check ALWAYS changes it to girl. Just to type it here I had to go back and re-spell it several times. This happens to me maybe 20 times a day and is getting tiresome. Other spelling programs let me add a new word to the dictionary. I can't find any way to do this here. Is there a way to train spell checker?

--Kenoli

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 24 GB RAM

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:46 AM

There are no replies.

I can't figure out how to get Siri to understand the name of my town

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.