Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro will not connect to iTunes store after accidental deletion of VeriSign Certificates.

MacBook Pro, early 2009. Running Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

Recently, I've been having some connection errors with my Google Chrome browser. Like a real genius, I went onto the first random Google search tangent I could think of and followed the device of someone on a small forum in the middle of nowhere. This person advised that my Google Chrome connection errors would go away if I deleted the VeriSign certificates in my keychain. Due to lack of sleep, I deleted them--and didn't back them up before I did so. Smart move, I know.

Now, the Google Chrome connection errors are still happening, and now I can't connect to the App store for any patches, or even attempt to reinstall Mountain Lion from disk image due to the fact that that also needs a connection to the App store to do so. I've gone through and repaired my keychain, all's fine, but now webpages won't load completely and images on webpages only load some of the time. I've also applied new open proxies to my network settings, the whole nine yards. None of it has made any real difference.

I believe if I can locate the Verisign certificates again, maybe a copy from someone else who also has a Mac, that this will fix my problem. Help, anyone? I'm desperate here, as I don't want to completely wipe my computer and start from scratch.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:53 AM

3 replies

Aug 30, 2015 10:39 AM in response to Eric Root

Way ahead of you on that. I get the exact same loading issues no matter what browser I try. I also get these errors when trying to connect to the App store or when trying to reinstall from disk image, so using another browser doesn't exactly work for that. Already gone through all the troubleshooting I could find, including keychain repair, cache clearing, all of it.

I believe that at this point I just need to find a way to get new copies of those certificates, because I wasn't having these loading problems before I deleted them in error. In fact, I can't even load apple support pages on my Mac without those certs, so I'm typing all of this and pulling up troubleshooting on my iPad right now.

MacBook Pro will not connect to iTunes store after accidental deletion of VeriSign Certificates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.