Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't album artwork download from CDs?

When I put a CD onto iTunes it will get the track names etc, but not the album cover. When I click 'get album artwork' nothing appears, and these are new artists and albums. But when I purchase from iTunes directly the album artwork is already there. Can someone tell me how to sort this out so that the artwork automatically downloads for a CD?

Many thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 9:53 AM

CDs themselves contain no track information iTunes can utilize. Textual track information comes from the Gracenote database to which iTunes connects when you insert a CD (if you have that preference set). Artwork comes from comparing the album and artist names with what is available in the iTunes Store. If they do not match exactly, or there is no match at all because the album is not there, then no artwork. You can always do a general web search and copy and paste artwork.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 9:53 AM in response to GilesWM

CDs themselves contain no track information iTunes can utilize. Textual track information comes from the Gracenote database to which iTunes connects when you insert a CD (if you have that preference set). Artwork comes from comparing the album and artist names with what is available in the iTunes Store. If they do not match exactly, or there is no match at all because the album is not there, then no artwork. You can always do a general web search and copy and paste artwork.

Why won't album artwork download from CDs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.