Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad will not stop trying to download the same 27 movies

My iPad will not stop trying to download the same 27 movies. I even completely erased my iPad and as soon as I opened iTunes, they all tried to start downloading again. They also cannot be stopped. The pause button doesn't work, and I can swipe left to stop them from downloading. If I start downloading a different movie, I can pause and stop it, but these 27 are always trying to download no matter what. They don't all fit on the iPad and it causes my iPad to run so slow that it is worthless. What do I do? I am at the point where I want to throw my iPad away.

iPad

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:02 AM

4 replies

Aug 29, 2015 11:39 AM in response to TADcanoe

First of all, you might want to put your iPad into Airplane Mode to temporarily prevent these movies from being downloaded from the internet or over your wifi network. Use your iPad Control Center, or go to Settings -->Airplane Mode.

Check this setting on your iPad: General--> iTunes --> Wi-Fi Sync: if you have it turned on, and your iTunes on your computer is set to sync these movies, they will sync automatically over your wifi network with this setting ON.

Check this: Settings --> iTunes & App Store: Look at Automatic Downloads. If any of these are checked, new purchases (including free) made on other devices will be automatically downloaded. (I do not know if this also applies to Videos.)

Another setting that may come into play--- Check and see -- Do not turn it On, if it is Off:

if you have Settings --> iCloud --> Photos --> iCloud Photo Library turned ON, (not recommended if you still wish to sync photos and videos directly to your computer)... you can toggle a switch to store only lo-res copies of your photos on your device, saving local storage. Caution: I do not use this feature, therefore I do not know if it also applies to videos.

Aug 29, 2015 2:11 PM in response to elcpu

I have already turned of Auto sync and I even deleted all devices and backups from my computer. I do not backup to my computer at all anymore. I am trying to let it download all of the movies and just delete them once fully downloaded. I am hoping that this will cause them to stop wanting to be downloaded again.

iPad will not stop trying to download the same 27 movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.